The Luxury tented camp which currently accommodates 12 people is situated on a plain with views of the mountain/and or bush. The camp is unfenced so you can safely experience nature up close and personal. All our themed tents have electricity, lights, hot water and flush toilets but individual tents have different features as seen below. Please note that the tents and lapa are non-smoking areas.
This spacious flagship tent whose theme celebrates our iconic bird, has a double bed, shower and bath, and is set some distance from the other tents for added privacy. We have designated this the honeymoon tent. We have indeed hosted a wedding here, complete with dominee, decorated bush cake, bush accessories and staff choir.
These spacious themed tents with Zebra and Giraffe themes respectively have 2 x ¾ beds , a bath and shower. They have fabulous views of the mountains and the plain in front of the camp and all its inhabitants.
The luxury tented camp offers full catering in a thatched Lapa, which also has a lounge with a fireplace and a bar. Drinks and a tea/coffee station are always available. The fenced Boma is a favourite meeting place for guests in the evening, for swapping tales of the bush and star gazing. In between game drives and walks guests can relax at the pool which is designed to be wildlife friendly and is popular with the local birdlife.
Ts and Cs: The luxury tents are not available to children under 12 years of age, but please see dung-beetle.co.za for kids’ camps.
- Are quoted, invoiced and payable in ZAR.
- Are quoted per person, per night
- Including, unless otherwise stated all meals, game drives, local non-alcoholic beverages and 15% VAT.
- Dabchick Wildlife Reserve, reserves the right to amend the quoted rates should there be any change in the percentage rate of vat or other statutory levy of tax payable by DWS.
Black Friday Deal:
- Deal bookable on the 24th November 2018 only.
- Subject to availability
- Full prepayment required at time of booking
- Non-refundable and not date changes permitted
- Unsuccessful payments will result in the reservation being cancelled
- Rates are net, non-commissionable and include 15% Vat
- Children under 12 years by prior arrangement.
Check-In and Check-Out Times
- Check-In time: 14h00
- Check-Out time: 11h00
Deposit / Payment Policy
- A 50% deposit is payable within 7 days of making the reservation to guarantee or confirm the reservation
- If the 50% deposit is not received by management within 7 days , the reservation will be cancelled
- The balance is payable 30 days prior to arrival
- If the reservation is made less than 30 days prior to arrival, 50% payment is payable within 2 days of making the reservation to guarantee or confirm the reservation
Peak Season (21 Dec – 10 Jan)
A 100% deposit is payable within 72 hours of making the reservation to guarantee or confirm the reservation
A reservation will be considered a group when a minimum number of rooms are booked as follows:
- The Dung Beetle Camp – Minimum of 10 individuals
- Safari Tents – Minimum of 2 tents (4 people)
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is due within 7 days of making the reservation to guarantee or confirm the reservation.
- The balance payment is due 30 days prior to arrival.
- A final rooming list and estimated time of arrival is required , 14 days prior to the group’s arrival.
- 25% cancellation fee is payable if reservation is cancelled less than 30 days prior to arrival
- 50% cancellation fee is payable if reservation is cancelled less than 15 days prior to arrival
- 100% cancellation fee is payable if reservation is cancelled less than 7 days prior to arrival